- | - Select Menu

Slider-Index

Breaking Gist

Newspaper Reviews

Entertainment Gists

Education

Cryptocurrency Gists

Music

JOB ALERTS

VIRAL GISTS

Politics & Government

» » Super Eagles - My Retirement Is For National Interest - Enyeama Speaks Out Again
«
Next
Newer Post
»
Previous
Older Post

Retired Super Eagles goalkeeper, Vincent Enyeama, has in an interview said that his retirement was a hard decision, but because he didn’t want to create division in camp, he decided to take a bow before the situation goes out of hand.

Speaking from his base in France, he also said his decision to quit the national team football is only for the national interest of the country.
"I took the decision because of national interest. I don’t want it to look as if my case is causing division in camp. I don’t have any problem with Musa being the new captain of the team, I don’t even have any problem with the captainship armband: But I think I also have the right to know the reason why the decision was taken after 13 years of service for my country.
"I can’t be a third goalkeeper for my country, if it happens my club will sack me. I saw he had drawn the list of players he wanted to use and I have been told categorically I was not being expected for the friendlies.
"I took the decision because I can’t be sitting on the bench for carl and other goalkeepers, it is going to affect my career big time. The coach had told me he is building for the future and there is nothing I could do about that. I want to be a good husband to my wife, and father to my beautiful children.
"I love my country so much, when I took the decision after much consultations I put it on my instagram page, but I was so surprise the insult I am seeing, as the coach is being insulted. Oliseh is such a good guy, he is not a bad person, we do talk most times, but in this case I have to do what I have done for national interest."
Asked to comment on the issue of coming back to the team if he is being called upon, the Lille Metropole goalkeeper responded by saying he would do anything that is professionally right.

"I can only do what is professionally right, if I am being called upon and I realised my coming to the team will create more problem I would rather stay back, but like I have said before I would do only what is professionally right", Enyeama concluded.


Source
The Nation 

About Anonymous

Nigerian #1 Multifarious Entertainment Magazine, providing Nigerian gists on Celebrities, Politics, Lifestyle, Relationships, Events, Pageants, Fashion and other Breaking Stories. For Event, Pageant, Wedding, Program, Hype and Media PR, let us know; Add Us On BBM:5651B8C1 Or Call/Whatsapp +2347034265167
«
Next
Newer Post
»
Previous
Older Post

No comments

Lets Hear Your View

Let's hear your own personal view using the comment box below