- | - Select Menu

Slider-Index

Breaking Gist

Newspaper Reviews

Entertainment Gists

Education

Cryptocurrency Gists

Music

JOB ALERTS

VIRAL GISTS

Politics & Government

» » » » » » » » What Part of Your Body Do You Treasure Most? Actress Ebube Nwagbo Talks Going N*de, Career and More
«
Next
Newer Post
»
Previous
Older Post

While speaking in an exclusive interview with The Sun newspaper, popular Anambra State-born Nollywood actress, Ebube Nwagbo, who has branched into movie production, opened up on her career, challenges, and many more.

Here are the excerpts 

How did you become an actress?
I went for an audition like every other person and luckily. I was picked and got the lead role.

What are you currently working on?
I have just released my second movie entitled, Not Enough. It is my second movie as a producer.

What message are you trying to pass through the movie?
The movie is centered on the youths of today looking for short cuts. They want to have the shortest cut to success and accomplishments in life. We need to set our priorities right at an early stage in order to secure our future. The decisions you make today, the life you live today determines your future. 

The movie also sheds light on the young girls of today that get pregnant without prior planning or knowing what they really want in life, thinking that getting pregnant for a man will make him marry or love them. Love can’t be forced. The movie, Not Enough also sheds light on weak parental guidance and peer pressure. It is a family story that has a lot of messages and lessons in it.

What are the basic challenges you face as a producer?
There are lots of challenges one faces as a producer and they range from creativity to originality. There is also the challenge of trying to come up with something different from the norm because most people are into producing now. 

Besides that, funding a production is not easy because you invest a lot into the project. With the economic situation of the country now, making sales is not guaranteed. And being accepted as a producer is not that easy because it entails a lot to be a good one, it is not a joke.

Tell us about your most challenging movie role?
Every movie comes with its own challenges because you are being someone else at every point in time. But one of the most challenging movies ever was my first film as an actress. The movie was entitled, Arrested By Love. It was my first time facing the camera and I was playing lead. I didn’t have an idea of what I was going into or what I was doing. But big thanks to the cast and crew of that amazing job. They believed in me more than I believed in myself.

Can you go nude for a movie?
I don’t think I can do that. However, I don’t have anything against whoever can go all the way. It is you doing your job so it shouldn’t be a problem, but personally I can’t.

What part of your body do you treasure most?
I love every part of my body exactly the way God made it. I don’t treasure any more than the other.

If you were to change anything in Nollywood, what could that be?
Stereotyping. One thing I would love to change in Nollywood is stereotyping. We should learn to have diverse characterization. We all have been guilty of being stereotyped or stereotyping.



Source

About Colossus Gists

Nigerian #1 Multifarious Entertainment Magazine, providing Nigerian gists on Celebrities, Politics, Lifestyle, Relationships, Events, Pageants, Fashion and other Breaking Stories. For Event, Pageant, Wedding, Program, Hype and Media PR, let us know; Add Us On BBM:5651B8C1 Or Call/Whatsapp +2347034265167
«
Next
Newer Post
»
Previous
Older Post

No comments

Lets Hear Your View

Let's hear your own personal view using the comment box below