- | - Select Menu

Slider-Index

Breaking Gist

Newspaper Reviews

Entertainment Gists

Education

Cryptocurrency Gists

Music

JOB ALERTS

VIRAL GISTS

Politics & Government

» » Man Arrested for Taking Pictures of Policemen Collecting Bribe from Commercial Motorists
«
Next
Newer Post
»
Previous
Older Post

A courageous young man named Thompson Ntiedo,  probably with the intention of uploading on the social media took pictures of policemen while they were traditionally negotiating a bribe with a  commercial vehicle driver on Tuesday the 23rd of June, 2015.

The policeman spotted him and he was swiftly arrested. He was allegedly detained for 3 hours but released due to the advocacy of human rights activists. Ntiedo narrated his ordeal on social media:
“I was in a commercial bus when we got to the area and one of the policemen on the road was demanding that our driver bribe him. I brought out my phone and captured him and they saw me. They dragged me out of the bus and seized the phone I used to take the pictures.
They said I was under arrest but I begged that they should delete the pictures and release me but they refused. The next thing, they called the station and a patrol van appeared and they demanded that I enter because the DPO wants to see me. I was there from 6pm to 9pm.


Afterwards, they asked me to go home and report back by 9am the following day. But before I was released, I had to call one of my brothers with my second phone to come and bail me after parting with some money."

About Anonymous

Nigerian #1 Multifarious Entertainment Magazine, providing Nigerian gists on Celebrities, Politics, Lifestyle, Relationships, Events, Pageants, Fashion and other Breaking Stories. For Event, Pageant, Wedding, Program, Hype and Media PR, let us know; Add Us On BBM:5651B8C1 Or Call/Whatsapp +2347034265167
«
Next
Newer Post
»
Previous
Older Post

No comments

Lets Hear Your View

Let's hear your own personal view using the comment box below