- | - Select Menu

Slider-Index

Breaking Gist

Newspaper Reviews

Entertainment Gists

Education

Cryptocurrency Gists

Music

JOB ALERTS

VIRAL GISTS

Politics & Government

» » » » » » » » PDP Never Constructed 1Km Road In Akwa Ibom – Godswill Akpabio
«
Next
Newer Post
»
Previous
Older Post

This is just as he declared that the APC would record landslide victory in the 2019 general elections in the state.

Akpabio who recently defected to the APC noted that already what remained of the PDP in the state was mere carcass as the body and soul of the party had joined the APC.

According to him, over 266,000 new members have registered with the APC after he and some other people dumped the PDP.
“I can predict that the first state in Nigeria to fall to the APC in 2019 presidential election in Akwa Ibom State, no one can controvert this l still speak with authority because I have my people’s backing to pronounce what I have just pronounced, victory is for APC and victory is for Mr. President come 2019 in Akwa Ibom State.”
On whether he was satisfied with the appointments by the Buhari’s government when it comes to South-South and Akwa Ibom State, he said “Well being a new person in the APC federal government, it will be wrong for me to dabble into issues of appointment but if you were to ask me appointment in the Presidency from 1999 to 2015 and even 2017 in those days I could say something but right now, I just come into APC and my focus is to ensure that APC remains here in the hilltop mansion, of course in the Villa in 2019.
“I am assuring you that we are not only going to win, the President will also win Akwa Ibom State.”
Also asked if the President was doing well in Akwa Ibom State in infrastructural development, the former Akwa Ibom State governor said that the state has fared well under the APC government.

He said, 
“You need to know that I was governor of Akwa Ibom State for eight years and in the eight years of being a governor I cannot remember when there was one kilometre of road that was done by the federal government in my state, that is the first thing.
“The second aspect of it is that in terms of appointment, Akwa Ibom people have never faired this well since 1999 even under the PDP administration. I am beginning to think that the reason why we were not even given enough appointments under the PDP administration was that they took for granted that Akwa Ibom was a PDP state.
“But this President went out of his way to give a lot of our children the opportunity to have sensitive appointments at the federal level and we are very grateful.
He also clarified on his earlier statement that in 2015 his soul was with President Buhari.

He said, 
“In 2015 we had a son of the Niger Delta, former President Goodluck Jonathan contesting the election and I was also a chieftain of the PDP. I was also the chairman of PDP Governors Forum so in spite of the fact that I believe strongly that the current President needed to be supported there was no way I could play anti-party activity in 2015 so I voted for PDP.

About Colossus Gists

Nigerian #1 Multifarious Entertainment Magazine, providing Nigerian gists on Celebrities, Politics, Lifestyle, Relationships, Events, Pageants, Fashion and other Breaking Stories. For Event, Pageant, Wedding, Program, Hype and Media PR, let us know; Add Us On BBM:5651B8C1 Or Call/Whatsapp +2347034265167
«
Next
Newer Post
»
Previous
Older Post

No comments

Lets Hear Your View

Let's hear your own personal view using the comment box below